Managing Absence is a new module which we’ve added to support you in successfully managing absence in the workforce.
The module lasts 4 hours and can be organised for small groups of between 3-15 staff.
Why is absence management so important?
Effective absence management involves finding a balance between providing support to help employees with health problems stay in and return to work, and taking consistent and firm action against employees who try to take advantage of organisations’ occupational sick pay schemes.
In healthcare, high levels of absence not only impacts teamwork and service delivery, but ultimately impacts continuity of patient care. This module is designed to provide line managers at all levels with the practical skills to enable effective management of both short and long term absence in the workplace.
The highlights of this module:
- An overview of policies and procedures
- Understand the roles you play as a line manager in managing attendance
- Overview of the legal aspects of managing attendance
- To be able to maintain accurate record-keeping of absence
- Understand the role of Occupational Health
- To be confident in conducting return to work interviews/home visits
- Gain an overview of fit notes
- Stress related absences – Understand how to manage and when to ask for support
Don’t just take our word for it!
We’ve asked delegates to provide us with feedback on our courses and this is what they’ve said:
A Head of Operations in Berkshire: “Really good session. Good use of scenarios to explore and expand knowledge. Good delivery by trainer with good examples”
A Service Manager in Leeds:“Excellent fun, great new insights. I now have a more comprehensive understanding of how to manage absence at my practice.”
A National Head of Human Resources: “Good level, excellent tempo to the course. A well balanced training session aimed at all levels of management. Really enjoyed it, thanks!”
An Area Business Manager in Yorkshire: “Great refresher for any manager, thanks.”
To book your place at one of our open sessions visit our EventBrite page by clicking here. This session can also be facilitated at your worklplace. For more information contact Caroline@oneworkforce.co.uk