Duration: 4 hours
Includes all course material and certificate of participation.
Conflict happens in every workplace and line managers are often responsible for diffusing the situation in an attempt to settle the matter in a quick and effective manner. If not tackled early, conflict can ruin relationships within a team, interfering with productivity and increasing employee absenteeism and turnover.
This module is designed to help you gain the skills as a manager to tackle conflict through assertive behaviour. The session is aimed at line managers who are looking to learn skills that can positively impact both their management style and personal approach to managing their workload.
In detail we explore the mediation process using a step by step guide combined with videos and case studies. The positive feedback from managers who have attended this module has been overwhelming!
The highlights of this module:
- Be able to identify passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Learn assertiveness techniques and tips to help you as a manager
- To be able to identify common causes of conflict in the workplace
- Techniques to tackle the root of conflict
- Controlling your own emotions
- Communication styles to suit individuals and teams
- The mediation process – chairing and controlling a meeting between employees
To discuss availability for us to facilitate this course at your workplace, or to view open sessions which are available for anyone to book and attend click here.
Practice Manager, Yorkshire, April 2017
‘Excellent, good video material. Really informative and useful’
HR Administrator, Yorkshire, April 2017
‘A brilliant session delivered in an engaging way’
Service Manager, Yorkshire, April 2017
‘Good course – reaffirmed what I learnt years ago. Really enjoyable session. Thank You’