Duration: 4 hours
Includes all course material and certificate of participation.
Healthcare can be a challenging industry to work in. Whether you work in a general practice setting, secondary care environment or in a community role managing colleagues and patients isn’t always a bed of roses!
In this module we look at the most common causes of conflict in the workplace and explore techniques to tackle the root cause.
Through videos, interactive activities and case studies we explore ways in which to defuse escalated situations and give you the confidence to manage conflict whilst maintaining customer service excellence.
This sessions forms part of annual mandatory training and can also be facilitated as a stand alone module to support your team in delivering gold standard customer service.
The highlights of this module:
- Identify common causes of conflict in the workplace
- Forms of communication to overcome barriers
- The impact of stereotyping
- Understanding the zones of personal space
- Identifying Impact Factors to improve your situational awareness
- Defusing conflict using communication
- The 5 step appeal process – it’s time to leave
- Understanding the after effects of conflict and how to support colleagues
- Learn the importance of effective customer service in a healthcare setting
But don’t just take our word for it;
“I wanted to say thank you- you made everyone feel part of the group and the training (for once I enjoyed ) was actually relevant to what we do so it was very helpful – you made me think more of how I treat people, patients and colleagues and how my behavior can affect others and you also made me challenge my own feelings of how people treat me and coping methods of how to deal with my emotions”
Feb 2017, Receptionist, Yorkshire
To discuss availability for us to facilitate this course at your workplace click here.