Duration: 4 hours
Includes all course material and certificate of participation.
In a cash strapped NHS financial control is business critical. This interactive module combines e-learning, group activities, scenarios and a facilitated session and is targeted at managers at all levels who are looking to gain a practical working knowledge of finance. Tackling jargon frequently used in healthcare finances, we look at key accounting concepts including profit and loss, income and expenditure and how to build a business case for capital expenditure.
The highlights of this module:
- Provide managers with understanding of basic account concepts
- Learn frequently used terminology
- Understand how to read management accounts, profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
- Learn how to analyse income and expenditure
- Learn the importance of forecasting
- Gain confidence in building business cases